Friday, September 29, 2006

thoughts

what i learned from my dad and why i am obsessed with scrapbooking

this is an excerpt from Real Woman Scrap that I found on Stacy Julian's blog...

Years from now, we will look back and regret not letting anyone take a picture of us cuddling with our niece or nephew or standing next to Goofy. Friend and family won't care if we lack trim figures or flawless faces. As hard as it is to grasp, they want us -- just as we are. We need to accept ourselves today the way our grandchildren will one day. We need to care enough about ourselves to take back our time and our lives. Focus on the positive contributions of your life. There is only one you! Don't let another moment pass without letting the world enjoy the beauty and mystery that you alone possess.

this so speaks to me....for a lot of reasons....
1) don't be so obsessed with whay you look like...I will never forget what my Dad said to me after a friend of mine died in high school. He said,"Do you think Megan cares now that she wasn't five pounds lighter!" So true...I want to be fit for my health but when I get crazy about how I look in my jeans, I remember this...sometimes it works.

2)this excerpt below is how my Dad lived his life...he wasn't into pretenses, he loved the small moments...a great time to him was walking around Home Depot with me and Katie and the girls...

3)life is so precious...ordinary life and it needs to be documented...little snaphots of how great it is.

4)this morning robby and i ran through a field a chased geese...it brought joy to my heart and i never want to forget that moment...robby saw the geese grabbed my hand and said,"Come on, Mama" and off we ran, geese flying and shuffling over our heads. FANTASTIC

Alright, I am off to make lunches and clean the same areas in the house I cleaned this morning:) can't wait to scrap.

No comments: