Sunday, August 14, 2011

I am the daughter of a READING MASTER

My Mom taught me almost everything I know about teaching and one of the tenets of teaching is to spread the love of reading. So, I wanted to create a library and my Mom suggested that I sort my books.

Katie helped me every step of the way.
We sorted the books last night and started to label each one with its category so it could easily be put back in its basket. (Katie's idea- I thought it was too much work but she pushed me.)
And yes, we started at breakfast! Just finished at 7:30---whew!
Here are the labels Katie taped on each book. She was a real lifesaver. I could not have attacked this undertaking without her.
We have categories like: Classics, Poetry and Jokes, Realistic Fiction, Fantasies, Animal Stories, Author Baskets(books by Andrew Clements, Judy Blume, etc.), and then Series Baskets like Captain Underpants and Nancy Drew



And here it is! Our finished project. 30 baskets of books. Now on to the managing system of it all.

THANK YOU, KATIE!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

LOVE IT! Can I have Katie come to my classroom?