Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Alterations

Katie wants to be an owl for Halloween. Owl costumes are hard to come by in a non toddler size so I felt pretty stuck. But after a few minutes in the thrift store, I found this hat--- $1.50.
And I think we are on our way to an owl costume. Bought two $2.00 sweaters that will be some how be transformed into an owl costume....stay tuned.
In our hunt, Col came across a shawl which I believe is hand knitted that had a knitted rosette on the front....that promptly got caught off when I was contemplating it as part of the owl. Then, into a headband. Hot glue gun and a non slip head band---pretty cute!
And now, for $2.50 and Katie has a pretty fall look. Gotta love a hot glue gun, some imagination and a thrift store.

4 comments:

dodi said...

OMGoodness! OMGoodness! OMGoodness! THIS is freaking adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love the headabnds too! I'd like to place an order.... :)

jenwcom said...

WAY too stinkin' cute. I want one! I am a lover of thrift stores. I visit 2 every Monday night when Maddie is at class. I always find something. Good for you for working it out! LOVE it!

dodi said...

Aim -- just saw this today. http://alphamom.com/family-fun/holidays/last-minute-kids-owl-costume/

I know you're already in the throws of Katie's costume, but if you were thinking of ways to maybe tweak the shawl... ???

Just thought I'd pass it along!

dodi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.