Sunday, August 22, 2010

Challenged Myself!

Okay--- so let's do it....

I am finding the creative back in my life.

I finished my 2009 album and it is pretty cute....

I finished my Christmas 2009 album and I heart it.

I made three wreaths:
This one was inspired by this crafty person's blog, Flower Patch Farmgirl.

And this one was inspired by Jellybeans and Fireflies.

And this one was inspired by a wreath I got way back when---possibly 1993ish from Mrs. Adams, a beloved neighbor, I loved it so---made of two embroidery hoops and filled with crayons. I wanted a "Back To School Wreath" so I made a bow out of ripped pages from Janet Evanovich's Eleven on Top and went to town with some crayons. Now this puppy will let everyone know that school is imminent.

Tomorrow I hope to repurpose some curtains purchased for the kitchen to use in my bedroom. I will have to do some sewing--- ohhh, I am excited and I also hope to find something at the thrift store to make something like this...pretty.

On another bright note, despite the fact that I haven't even interviewed for a full time teaching job, I was just called to sub for the second and third day of school at a local elementary school. Hopefully this is a sign of many days of subbing to come.

2 comments:

dodi said...

you are a very clever lady. I ♥ them all!!

Sooz said...

wanna come visit with you and sit on your porch and look at your albums! miss you! xoxoxoxox

love the posts and all the gorgeous kiddie pics! hugs all around! xo