Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Joys of Summer

Here's my garden. I simply love it. I can't get enough of it really. In years past, I have always loved my garden. The last two years were heartbreaking to me (and I mean that) because the deer got into the garden and demolished my lovely plants and after that, it wasn't the same.

This year, Dave has put up a deer mesh fence that sits about four feet away from the raised bed garden. So far, we have had no intruders. However, I spotted deer scat outside of the fence midweek. Never fear, I have asked Dave and Rob to urinate outside of the fence whenever possible.
Because of these precautions, we have made it to HARVEST. So far, nine cucumbers and lots of zucchini and tomatoes are a brewing out there. BIG NEWS-- today we spotted three baby pumpkins!
Ohh and I did not mention the FRESH BASIL for all my cooking needs. If this picture speaks to you, read Animal, Vegetable, Mineral by Barbera Kingsolver. Quite an interesting read.
What else do I love this summer. Boys and their baseball...

Look at those cuties.
Gotta love a summer day.

1 comment:

Carol Brown said...

Having boys in the family definitely has it benefits! LOL