Friday, April 28, 2006

in search of...

so i found this quote which i love...


peace.

it does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. it means to be in the midst of those things and still be clam in your heart. (unknown)


and then i came across this...

"you, LORD, give perfect peace to those who keep their purpose firm and put their trust in you."
Isaiah 26:3 (TEV)

and you know, both of these quotes ring so true to me. they make my heart feel good.

i am on a quest to get back to my whole self, a new self, an improved self, a healed self....and when i say get back i mean come to terms with my Dad's death. so i have bought The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren. i like it. it is something i look forward to doing each day and the book's objective is something i want to achieve. the bible quote from above is from Warren's book--day 3.

as i am typing this, i am listening to xm radio and at this very moment there is a song on by Train called When I Look to the Sky. This is how I feel about my Dad. I know he is playing this for me right now...weird, how I have heard this song before but never listened to the lyrics.

No comments: