Monday, June 04, 2007

Card challenge 22

What I want to LEARN...

this prompt seemed so perfect because Saturday morning we trolled some yard sales and had a blast...we came across two perfectly lovely sales that had lots of relics from the sixties and seventies and both of these ladies were pretty crafty.

there were boxes filled with thread, floss, remnants, ribbons, glitter...a crafty person's dream. ohhh how i wish i was a knitter because there was yarn that made me salivate.

needless to say I filled a platic shopping bag with lots of ribbon and elastic and glitter for the grand price of 60 cents. i love to think about how these pieces brought someone else joy and now they are bringing joy to me...so much greatness in reusing instead of buying new...garage sale pieces have history -- a story i like to think about. i knew immediately that i would use the beautiful triangle fabric below in my scrapbooking...i just didn't know how soon.

i also treated myself to some divine candy dishes, a punch bowl, some brandy new vintage tea towels and some nesting tupperware. what a fun morning!
alrighty, now about my card, the ric rac and fabric triangle are from the yard sale...FUN FUN. i want to learn how to use the sewing machine. oh how i envy my mom and grandmoms for creating things like curtains, pillows, and other works of art. yes, i would also like to learn to knit but the sewing maching is first because it seems a little more attainable at this point...i can stich a straight line and do the bobbin ...so I am closer than i am to learning how to knit.

thank you to emily once again for this bit of inspiration each week. kudos to you lady for posting each week to this crew.


13 comments:

Marjolein said...

That's a great card!! And I think you did a great job already!

Jen said...

Gorgeous card! I know how to sew, but nothing like you've got on your card!

Paula J Atkinson said...

Really beautiful card. I can't sew this well!!
My machine is not equiped to do fancy stitches, but mine is generally used for running up a pair of curtains or cushion cases.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card!!!!

Jennifer Davis said...

Awesome! Just beautiful!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, love that fabric. I too would love to be able to sew more than straight lines :)

michelle said...

i love the embroidery and the ric rac... one day, I , too will be able to work my sewing machine..sigh, sigh!

Anonymous said...

all i can do is a straight-ish line! love your card :)

Anonymous said...

Great card, love it!

valerie said...

beautiful card

Nathalie Kalbach said...

Aesome card!

suebaru said...

Beautiful card! so wish I could use a sewing machine too!

jess said...

Love your card!!! Its so creative!!! Im sure you'll have no problem learning how to create things with a sewing machine!! good luck!!
Xx Jess