When Katie got off the bus today, Rob was determined to get her outside to work with their play shovels on the last two remaining piles of snow. It is so bitter outside and the gusting winds didn't help the scenario but the boy has been begging to go outside and his sister was more than happy to help him pick away at the snow with their plastic shovels.
I sat at the door and watched them play and couldn't help but wax sentimental. They are beautiful children and for the most part, they delight in everything. If only I could freeze time and keep them safe from harm forever.
But life doesn't work like that so I grabbed my camera and tried to savor the moment. This quiet moment in a time when they are each other's best friend and picking at a pile of snow with plastic shovels is all that they need.
I am so lucky.
1 comment:
Sometimes you make me cry - happy tears!! I'm soooooo glad that you realize all the things you realize are treasured memories now - not when it's too late.
That's my Aim!!!!!
Post a Comment