Thursday, February 21, 2008

Kristina Contes is talented





































I am posting pictures of my Contes album for my dear friend, Sooz.

This class was a great reminder of how much I love quirky little mini albums and it gave me some inspiration to use page protectors again. I generally do not like them but like the look in this album. I was excited to use the Hambly screens and like what we did... I will use this again. The class description talked about using fabrics and we really did not---just slid some fabric in a page protector so this was a little disappointing but made me realize that I could staple some fabric onto some cardstock and call it a page.

I deviated from the sample a bit because I had some tidbits I wanted to use. The owls had to go in there because they were cute and I am tired of buying cute things and never using them. And I had a few painted stamped images that I had just randomly stamped with extra paint as per Emily Falconbridge's recommendation and they seemed to fit.

The sample was a little more understated and streamlined and fit Kristina. Mine is a bit more me but I like it...

I also learned about Versamark ink---wow--can't wait to buy that stuff.

1 comment:

Sooz said...

NO YOU DID NOT!! SHE IS MY NEW FAVORITE (URBAN NYC CHICK...and she swears like me!! i want to meet her!!!!!!!!) Oh I love this book...we have GOT TO GET TOGETHER TO DISH!!!!!!!!!!!