Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Scrapbowl 2008

This was a fun weekend. We made some fun stuff, spent some good girl time together, laughed and were inspired. I did not get enough sleep on Friday night and therefore became homesick on Saturday but despite that...it was still very fun.

At first I let myself get all worked up over getting homesick. I was so disappointed in myself. Why, why, why do I let my heart lead the way and let myself get so emotional...this was my mantra on Saturday and Sunday and Monday. But now, I am going with RELEASE....and also EMBRACE...my two words. I am forgiving myself for getting homesick and I am embracing the fact that I am a homebody. I am not the girl who will travel the world by myself or even with my best girlfriends. I am the girl who after about 24 hours needs her kids and her boobie husband.

Enough said about that...I am trying to persuade Dave to come with me to Inspired so I can have a delicious time but I digress.

Scrapbowl was great. Stacy Julian was the highlight. I get what she is about- I like her philosophies--I like how she feels scrapbooking isn't just a hobby---scrapbooking is a way to embrace life- to a non scrapper this sounds so hooky, i know but - well, just read her book- The Big Picture- honestly- it totally explained how and why messing with paper and glue and scissors help me cope with my Dad's death.

Ketty and Jess were so much fun. I love them. You can see by the shot of my scrap space that I was in heaven---mess upon mess--just my style but I did miss spreading completely out on my family room floor. And finally the shot of the other ladies scrapping. I get such a kick out of the shelfs and trays and other set ups that these ladies create. It is a total hoot!

I will post some of my projects soon---one is 99% done. Can you imagine leaving an event with something that close to being finished? WOOOhOOO.

And Stacy Julian's Finish Line class---wow---look out Aunt Carol---I am going to be teaching you this method with gusto---you will love it and it is FAST!













3 comments:

Sooz said...

ooohhh...we have GOT TO GET TOGETHER so you can tell me all about it!! I have been so excited to see your posts/pics and projects!!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you finally let yourself have a good time. That's what is so special about you - you are not about yourself! Can't wait to see what you made..........

Carol Brown said...

Ah, you are one special gal. If Dave won't go with you, call me!!

I can't wait for you to show me how to do some of this stuff. I have pictures screaming to be displayed.

Love ya.