I am going to be honest...i don't see the absolute "twiness" in our appearance. I know we look related but people stop us in the store and say we are spitting images and such--- I mean, a lot of people.
however, we are twins in personality. sometimes, she leaves me speechless with her actions because she does exactly what i would do when i was at that age or even now...
Exhibit #427
so she was primped up-- ready here to play rock band--- you know, she's a rock star.
this GIRL...how my heart flutters.
she marches to her own drum... and personality- she has GOT it in XXL.
sometimes, i grow nervous that we are so similar because as i got a little older, i was teased and made fun of for my bubbly and silly personality...i had a wonderful group of core friends but i never fit in with the "in" crowd. that brought pain to my little life.
however, i wouldn't change much about how i grew up and maybe not feeling like you fit in is part of the whole picture, you know? it did hurt though.
what I have to remember though is Kate is going to forge her own path and even though she is like me, she is her own person and has this incredible inner strength.
and there is no way any mama can stop teasing and jabbing at school- it is all part of it.
but don't worry, Kate...I'll be here and we can dress up as rock stars together and laugh it off.
2 comments:
I think you're the bees knees :)
Oh, I'm so surprised that you weren't the most popular girl in school! I know just what you mean, though, I was exactly the same! :) But look what we grew up into! :)
Post a Comment