My last post was on April 29. That feels like such a long time ago and for the last two weeks, I have been thinking about my little blog. Typing here, as I have mentioned before, is so very cathartic for me.
I have come to a realization and I will try to be succinct.
During the hey day of my blog- when I posted everyday, people said I had too much time on my hands; I might have had more TIME at home with access to a computer and lots of TIME to be ever present in my children's lives. But I certainly didn't have too much ME time on my hands and that "too much time on my hands," well that burnt my buttons. In short, "too much time on my hands" equates to me as not busy, not important, not doing something valuable.
When I posted each day, posting was a way of communicating and staying in touch with the world at large--connecting with the world of adults and typing and processing each day as an adult. Very cathartic.
Now my posts are few and far between because my life is transitioning. I am not HOME with access to a computer. I am running to Graduate School, running to the kid's schools, RUNNING. Non-toddler children require more RUNNING. The last three weeks I have been student teaching and living the real life of a WORKING MOTHER. And let me tell you, working mothers are super heroes. Man, SUPER HEROES.
But what I am doing now is just as valuable as what I was doing when I had "too much time on my hands" as people would say. Stay at home moms are SUPER HEROES too.
Let me step off my soap box now but not before I tell one more anecdote.
What has made me get on my blog for some cathartic typing? What is my realization, you say?
Last night, was Katie's softball party and I had made cupcakes with purple icing to celebrate. Her team is the Purple Pythons. The coach told me I had two much time on my hands if I had time to make purple icing. I wanted to wring his ugly neck.
So, I guess really what I have to work on is not caring what people choose to say to me and be confident in myself that I am living a valuable and productive life.
I will put this realization on my to do list.
HAPPY FRIDAY.
4 comments:
I want to wring his ugly neck, too!! Go you, superhero mama and your purple icing!! :)
You keep on doing what makes you happy girl and don't pay attention to those that might be jealous!! You don't have to much time, you care and making things special for your kids. Your blogging is as important to those of us that truly love you for who you are as it is therapeutic for you. Love you.
"So, I guess really what I have to work on is not caring what people choose to say to me and be confident in myself that I am living a valuable and productive life."
You couldn't have said it any better than that!!! I remember you posting something about Dave not caring what people thought about his hat while you guys were still in college. You only have to please yourself and your family. Let's see who make purple icing next year!! If more people would quit being so jealous of other people - the world would be a better place. Love you!!!!!!
I love you.
Post a Comment