Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Baby LOVE






oh my, oh my--- when life throws you all kinds of STUFF and things seem like they are whizzing by and craziness is just one step away, you get the kind of call like this...








5:40 in the morning. "Aimee, your sister is 10 cm dilated. Whay haven't you answered your phone all night? Get to the hospital quick. Kris has Nolan so you are in the delivery room."





Well, I felt bad about not answering the phone- I really did. I was suppossed to be with Nolan when my sister went to the hospital- I was on call for when I got the call that she was going into labor. Kristen was on deck for being in the delivery room- it was her turn! I had been in the room when Nolan was born and beat out my sister Ash for a spot in the room when Michael was born.




But, I had Nolan on Thursday because my sister was working so I had turned the ringer off in my room so he could get a good nap. The old fashioned oscillating fans were on that night because it was HOT- so I could not hear the phones downstairs. Kristen could hear her phones and got Nolan in the middle of the night and waa laa- a spot opened in the delivery room.




And I made it man, I made it- like a shot, i was out the door at 5:45 am- got to the hospital room at 6:10 am and Bryce Charles Gerstberger was born at 6:23 am.




And right there- everything was beautiful, wonderful, right with the world. I had the awesome privilege of witnessing God's miracle. And I mean it man, a brandie new baby is always a sign of God.




Ashlynne looked like a super model for birthing, like a model on the cover of a pregnancy magazine-- I mean she did not even break a sweat. She was a PRO.





ANd BRYCE--- Heaven on Earth, man- he is breathtaking---precious, adorable, wonderful- a little lovebug.





HEre are some pics of when Katie and Rob met him.

and since we are on the subject--- Robbers is a "baby Boy" when we visited in the hospital , he barely let me hold the baby. he gave me one turn and this is what he said. "I will count to 13 twice and then you have to give him back." ANd he meant it. he has asked about bryce each day since he met him on friday- saw him on saturday but we did not see him on sunday or monday and he is chomping at the bit to get there to see him. So am I for that matter.


i don't have good pics from the hospital because my lens was on MF unbeknowst to me- but this pic is just too good not to share--- just look at Rob looking at my sister and the baby in the hospital--- she was nursing and he was perched awaiting his trun again to hold Bryce. True love in his eyes.


may my life always be this full and blessed.

happy tuesday, everyone.

4 comments:

pittsburgh mom said...

Birth IS a miracle. Tell Ash and Matt we send our congratulations! He is indeed a little cutie.

dodi said...

awesome! awesome! awesome!

Stay on this "high" to push you through Aim! You can do it!!!

And is that a Kris Hallgren special I see on her wrist already??? It's blurry, but it sure looks familiar! ;)

Cameron said...

WHAT A GREAT POST!

Wowsers!!! So excited for you and your sister! And Robbie's comments... oh my goodness, SO CUTE!

Carrie said...

Congrats on the new addition to your family! Your kids, as always, are adorable.