Sunday, May 03, 2009

sunday mish mosh....


happily rested and somewhat calm this morning. the chickabiddies are munching on skinless apples. dave dropped milk off at the house on the way to his fire test...he left at 5 AM to study at the house...had to be at the test at 8AM.

and i am checking in on blogs, beginning a few projects that must be finished soon, and trying to breath deeply and therapuetically in search of being present and in the moment at all times.

you see, i am going to Inspired this week. leaving on Thursday morning. i will be gone until Sunday(gasp, MOther's Day---i am not even thinking about being away for that) and i am starting to get a HUGE case of the mama guilt, the money guilt, the whole guilt that is Aimee guilt. and i so want to shed that part of me- i so want to just BE. be in the moment and not think about the what ifs and the should ofs and yada yada.

so, i told my lovely, Dana, yesterday that -"BE in the moment." was my mantra. (poor Dana, as my neighbor she is subject to the constant dialogue of my mind- the blahs, the yahs, the hada hash- it makes me sleepy just thinking on it----but she still seems to like me!)







and then this morning, I read this from Stacy Julian's blog. along with loving her because she loves Little Mismatched Socks too, I also just think she really GETS it and her blog always makes me feel good.



Let's start with this one: Please tell your friend that creativity isn't what you make, but how you think. Tell her that true creativity is simply an ability to fully engage and experience any moment in time. Tell her that as she learns to recognize the magnitude of everyday moments, she will begin to find her creativity.
Tell her she can scrapbook. Tell her you'll help!


AHHHHH! So, of course, I have been getting little signs from God about how I do need to just BE and more importantly, put it over to HIM. i have so much trouble with that one.


IN an effort to just be, I got a lovely post from a terrific woman named Sandy. She asked for a few pics of the sleeping bags that my Mom and I made for Katie's birthday party favors. I of course, stressed and over reacted about getting these done and of course, my Mom did get them done and finished in time and they turned out so cute. There is no pattern or link for these- if you want to make one, you can borrow Katie's and I can show you how--- it is pretty darn easy- if I can make it, you can make it.



And, if you click close on the photo- it should enlarge and you will see a little rose- another lovely in my life, Michele, gave me these, she bought them eight years ago and never knew what to do with them- we were talking and she thought of them and gave them to me for this project- talking about serendipitous. (did i spell that right?)



here are some more projects....



i sewed this up to protect some very expensive watercolor crayons I had to buy for Inspired...crayon roll- i am stitching some more of these up for some very special friends of mine. ohhh, and thank you beautiful and gracious Dodi for the help.

and finally i finished the bag that i have been talking about on this blog for more than a year! bought the fabric and the pattern in summer of 07! funny. my mom helped me finish the top of the handle. Who needs a $200 dollar Brighton bag with a bird on it?


2 comments:

jenwcom said...

the sleeping bag is adorable and the idea is fabo! love the crayon keeper and the sling bag!!!! you are totally rockin' the sewing machine!

dodi said...

I love, love, LOVE the sleeping bag!! I just may have to duplicate that -- no need to borrow yours though. "Winging it" is my middle name! :)

Love the pastels wrap too -- why are you not happy with that? I can see the rick-rak just fine! Or is this No. 2?

Either way -- ENJOY yourself at Inspired at forget your woes. They made it through last year just fine, and they will again this year. Every good mommy gets a couple days away and comes back refreshed and ready again!