Tuesday, May 05, 2009



So first, the latest installment from Stacy Julian...truth be told, I am posting these because I so want to have a little scrapbooking clatch at my kitchen table with some of my lovelies. I have my Jessica and a new friend, Chrissy but I am looking for more... hint, hint to some of my readers.







She has MORE photos than she can possibly scrapbook in her lifetime. Tell her it's OK. Tell her that if she will purge + delete + print on a routine basis, she will be able to scrapbook LOTS of pictures. Tell her that every time she pairs a few photos with a few of the details she remembers she is celebrating life. Tell her that each time she creates a page, she is one page closer to telling an amazing story. Tell her that this is a story only she can tell.




And second, I never got around to posting some pics of KAtie's party...the pretty tea party table...

This was such a fun party--- I got way to stressed beforehand(remember, i am working on that) but it turned out great.

Can't believe my girl is seven.

And finally, yesterday I subbed as an ART TEACHER! Man, was it fun---but more on that dream job later---and my sister, Ashlynne watched Rob and Michael, Kris was working too, here at my house--of course Nolan was here. By the time I rolled into the driveway, Katie had gotten off the bus so it was a full house.

I tell this story because as I was growing up, my house was always a hub of activity, laughter, craziness, and it was just full. Full of light and love. I always wanted that for my house- and when we bought this house, the woman that had lived here her entire life said to me- "Just fill this house with love- fill it with lots of family and happiness--- It will be easier for me to leave it to you if you promise me this."

Well, when she said this to me, it just further sealed the deal that I was meant to be here- have I ever talked about the serendipitous events that lead to the purchase of this home? Man, I ramble.

My house has indeed become that hub- Jess always comments about it and it makes me so happy when she does. I love the craziness- it makes me feel "at home." And yesterday, when I walked in this house, there were kids running and laughing and Katie doing homework and Nolan and Michael squealing to see me and Rob showing me something from his day and Ashlynne in all her beautiful pregnancy smiling and looking so happy and man, was I happy.

Happy, indeed. Wish I had pictures.

Happy Tuesday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had to come and visit. With inspired a couple days away. I just wanted to say Hi and glad that last year I met you:)@ inspired Thank you for enriching my creative life:) I truly wish you and Sooz tons of fun. I can't to see all the pics and hear all about it:)

Loved this post!! What a grand birthday party:)And thank you for sharing the story about your house. Lovely Amiee:)

Sooz said...

HEYYYYYY! I will come to your kitchen! Why don't I get an invite!! hee. seriously--why do we live SO FAR APART!?!?! CRAP!! I AM DYING OF EXcITEMENT FOR TOMORROW!! and still not PACKED!

SandyH said...

You are too much! I LOVE the sleeping bags and the beautiful party set-up. Oh how I would love to be part of your coffee klatch! You are one crafty lady! These darn kids keep me too busy to be very creative, but boy do I have ideas brewing in my head! I'm living the creative life vicariously through you, so keep the pics coming. And please tell me about Inspired! I'd love to see what you made!