Saturday, July 31, 2010

Legorific.

Yesterday we went to the Philly Zoo with Jess and her boys. It was a fun day and the LEGO exhibits were especially wonderful. Man, they were wonderful. This beautiful polar bear here weighed 300 pounds and was made out of 95,000 LEGOS. He has a metal structure inside of him because he is so heavy he needs a "spine."
Here is a little tree frog under a microscope. The picture does not do it justice at all.
And the golden mane tamarins. This was such a joy to come around the corner and see this....AMAZING. Sean Kenney is responsible for all of these figures. I had never heard of him before but apparently he is a professional LEGO artist. How amazing is that? He was a lawyer that tinkered around with LEGOS when he got home from work and now... LOVE THAT.
These were fun....portrait picture holes...



Look at the penguins. Try and go to see this exhibit if you can....

1 comment:

Cameron said...

Oh, how fun!!! I wish I could go, Legos were my favorite when I was a kiddo!