Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Alright....


So when I showed my friend the above pictures she laughed and said, "like mother, like daughter" For the record, Col, I want to know how do you know me so well?

but anyway...kate has worn these heels around the house since her Nana gave them to her and on this day when I caught her vacuuming in them I had no words. I can assure you these pictures will bring me a smile for the rest of my life.

I will also share that she asks me almost weekly if she can wear these heels to school. I tell her she can wear them to school when they fit. Of course, I am hoping that when this happens, she won't want to wear them.





So, I have been hearing from lots of people that my blog is slow and I know it is. The core truth of the matter is that I have bitten off a lot as of late. This is the last year I will be able to be very present at the kids' school since I will be working next year. And I want to be very present and it is fun to be there. I love the school.

But, another truth- blogging is a down time for me and I have had a little less down time. The down time I have has been spent sitting on the couch and watching TV and trying to avoid the phone and emails and such and shut off from all of the world for a bit.

Another reason I have not been blogging is because I lost my SD card for my camera and have not taken any pictures since Oct. 1. I miss my camera and pictures are what really motivate me to blog.

The above pictures are from Fire Preventions DAy at school. Dave got to put his gear on for the kids and my kids were very excited to have their Dad there.
I love watching Katie and Robby and Dave because Kate and Rob look at Dave just as I looked at my Dad. IT means so very much.

Happy Tuesday.

5 comments:

Carol Brown said...

Well we miss your blogging, but life does get in the way my dear! Go get a new SD card for goodness sakes! We love you.

Cameron said...

Yes, yes, get a new SD card. :) Hugs to you! Katie is so cute vacuuming in those heels! :)

dodi said...

Agreed! Go buy a new SD card, and just when you do, the old one will appear. Murphy's Law!

Miss you always when you quiet down on blogging, however, completely understand why. Could you teach me a bit of that avoidance technique? I need to learn that - and right quick!

Katie won't want the heels later on in life when she is towering over the boys anyway. ;)

Nana - Pittsburgh Mom said...

That picture of Katie made my day. I would have bet my life savings you threw those shoes away! What a great pic of Robby. It's actually NOT a Chandler smile. LOL
Love you all and can't wait to see you next month!

Sooz said...

oh i miss you! and that photo of Katie is PRICELESS...I thought it was a picture of YOU as a wee one before I read the post!! Oh my...how stinkin' fab is that story?!?!? (scrap it scrap it scrap it before it escapes you!) xoxoxo