Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Happies



I walked into the kitchen today with this scene. It was just too cute not to photograph and I had camera in hand...finally got a CF card! SO i snapped away.

Few things:

**ally is so, so pretty and the camera does not do her justice. i can't believe what a total cat geek i sound like when i type that sentence but it is true.
**scout had to get involved when i began to snap...he is my curious george kitty.
**cats are not allowed on table
**scout's nose is extra black because he had been snooting around as the furnace was being serviced this morning...a picture says a thousand words.
** doesn't ally look so, so angry when scout walks across the table- now i know why they call it "CATTY."
**the lighting is so great in my kitchen during the day.
**you can see the debris from the building of the deck out the window there. i predict that pile will be gone by summer 2010. YEaH!

This concludes the CAT geek section of my post. I swear I am a DOG person.

the lighting changes drastically in here in the night. duh...but really, it is just not a pretty room at night. the kitchen is my least favorite room in the house as it is and at night forget about it. with the lights off and candles lit, it will do but otherwise.

but I am really showing this pic because of the banner in the window. I made it! and I am really proud. few things there:

***i have finally sewed enough to now understand why people at the fabric store in doylestown do not like coats and clark thread. yep- i guess i will begin a thread snob now.

***i made this for 1.50- that was the cost of the letters from Target- this was one of those paper hanging banners like the HAPPY BIRTHDAY ones that are connected together that you can get at the dollar store. I loved the new monster Halloween line at Target this year but didn't want to spend the money on decos so I bought this and using fabric and felt and ribbon i already had made this handmade treasure. FUN, fun times.

***although i have become a thread snob i guess, i have one roll of sulky thread that i accidentally stole from sooz to finish this project out after the coats and clark thread snapped and snapped and snapped in my machine...i am still such a novice sewer. i make so many mistakes. but i still LOVE it.


Happy Tuesday.

5 comments:

Carol Brown said...

Love the cats and your banner. You are so creative. Hey I have 6 new kittens, want some more?

Cameron said...

Lovely lovely lovely banner!! :) Great job! And your cats are soooo pretty, they're like royalty cats!

Jilliene Designs said...

tooooooooo cute. i saw your post on fb and clicked to your blog where the first few pics where of your kitties and I thought - man those cats look real....dork! you are so fun and festive...we haven't even gotten our pumpkin yet and last night i dreamt it was easter and we didn't have eggs - i think the universe is telling me its time to get my spirit on. xoxo

dodi said...

I had to click on the picture of scout (and sweet ally) to really see his nose. That, my friend, is adorable!

Love the banner -- sooooo you! And so cute! :)

Sooz said...

HEEEEEEEEEEYYYYY!!! I havent missed the SULKY thread (how can that be? hee) but I am still missing my PINKING SHEARS!! Do you have them too? Anyone? I haven't seen them since INSPIRED>..but then again, I haven't seen the full surface of my dining room table since then either so I don't want to point fingers just yet....hmmm. : ) MISS YOU!!!!!!!!! LOVE THE BANNER!!! xoxoxoxo