Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Mother's Day Tea with Robby




Robby invited me to a Tea today in his classroom in celebration of Mother's Day. He sung to me and recited a line of poem and gave me presents. He sat on my lap and gave me so many kisses at the beginning of the program.




He melts my heart. I cried. I wanted to just freeze the moment in time in my memory. I am so blessed.




I took a self portrait of us but with my 50mm lens--it is really close up. But we are both perfectly happy and for that reason I love it.




I generally hate pics of me and a camera makes me nervous but I realized something today. I was taking pictures of my students' moms during our class Tea and every Mom looked beautiful to me. Do they think they look good in the pic? Probably not knowing how self conscious women are...we are so, so good at immediately seeing our flaws. Others hardly see them.




Happy Day to you all...I am going to put the kids to bed and then lay in bed and listen to the birds chatter out the window...last night I heard an owl. magic.




there was an owl that lived behind our house when i was growing up- my Dad loved it and when the crows would chase the owl he would curse the crows and get mad. when the owl would hoot he would stop what he was doing and listen and have us listen. magic. last night when i heard the owl, my heart filled with love for my Dad. what a man he was. i love him so. i miss him so. after you read this post, call someone or email someone or tell someone how special they are.

5 comments:

Carol Brown said...

You always look beautiful!! You are blessed w/two of the sweetest children on the planet.

Your Dad was an amazing man. I will think of him now each time I hear the owl here on the farm.

Happy Mother's Day.

Love ya.

Rollie said...

Great Pic of you and your son!
I agree with everything you are saying, and we all need to take more pics of ourselves, and don't be afraid to tell someone else to pick up the camera and catch these shots too!
Have a wonderful Mother's day!

Anonymous said...

beautiful aim. by the way, remember those pictures i showed you of my children on my phone at inspired? the surreal ones? well there is an owl in them and the reason is because owls are supposed to be a symbol of protection. don't know if you ever heard that but i think its great...i think your dad must have been watching over you.

Anonymous said...

Love the Picture Amiee. Beautiful post.

Anonymous said...

You so remind me of me - emotionally that is. I remember crying when Dave left the house to go to U of Pitt. 10 minutes away!! I cried like a baby!

The pics are great! What a beautiful family I have!!