Saturday, September 06, 2008

Hunker Down

A rainy day----I love rainy days----a forced time to be inside----a list(usually) of things to complete------a quiet feel to the house. Just what the doctor ordered for me.

I am still sorting through a little bit of a wounded soul here. That peppy self is still not completely here. I am feeling closed because of this "Katie being gone all day thing" and just the transitions of life. I am not good at it. Life goes on but this has always been a concept that I get too broody about.

I am forcing myself to blog because I want to pull myself up by the bootstraps and get on with that peppy self that normally resides within me. Don't get me wrong...I am not sitting at home in a depressed slump like a pile of poo. No...I am out and about, enjoying myself, laughing with friends, living life and having fun but.....there is still a vulnerable part of me that I can feel-- that part is bigger than it should be right now.

And YADA, YADA, YADA---like I am special because I feel kind of slumpy---SHUT UP, Aim and get on with it. ENOUGH.

Pics of Rob in his soccer uniform coming soon. His first game is on Sunday and Dave picked up his uniform last night and Rob put it on and said," I am going to sleep in this tonight." And sure enough, he did. That little boy couldn't get any more precious if he tried.

Of course, Rob and I have rekindled our love for Indy Lego the last two days. It has been so blasted sticky out that we have indulged ourselves in some joint Lego Wii time. We have not played together since the end of the school year. Well, last night we got ourselves in a little snit. We could not beat this level- Story 3-Chapter 30, I believe. Over and over again we tried to figure it out- watching walk throughs on You Tube and everything- yes, a mother and her four year old son completely obsesses over a video game- NOT NORMAL but very fun.

anyhoo- it was getting to the point where we had played for about a hour and a half and our eyes were starting to get buggy( too long) and we were beyond frustrated and we both sorta threw a fit at the game. Rob was crying and I was completely in agreement with him. Well, Dave came upstairs from the basement and grounded us both from Wii today. Rightly so, I may add but how embarassing for me. I could see my little four year old thouwing a tantrum over the game and knew I should shut it off(I did--before Dave came up----the mom in me came out a little) but I did not discipline him because I understood his angst over this silly game.

Oh well, Rob and I will play some board games and do some puzzles today. Katie will love that- she has not joined our love for Wii!

Happy Rainy Day, everyone. Hope you get to do something you want to do.

2 comments:

Carol Brown said...

No hunkering for us - we are heading to my brothers wedding, rain or not!! Sounds like you and Robby had a great time together. You go girl!! Love ya.

Sooz said...

Hey You! Love the new look---where did you get this blog template? is it a "standard?" huh....never saw this one! I so want to customize mine--why oh WHY am I not a computer guru? oy. crackin up at the WII tizzy! funny when the mom gets grounded, too. AWESOME! hee

trying to get motivated to get some WORK DONE but this rain is not making me wanna do ANYTHING.