Tuesday, February 24, 2009

From Stacy Julian's blog.

( i will throw in this pic for good measure- i was watching the three babies last Thursday so I had all the boys line up and pose- looking at this makes me smile)



I love reading blogs- I don't read them as much as I used to- in fact, there is only one blog that I know check every day and then a handful that I check weekly--- one of those I check weekly is Stacy Julian's- she has a great vibe about her, very upbeat, very real, very introspective. her blog is just like she is in person- i had the chance to see her speak last year at Scrap Bowl.


She is worth seeing if you ever get the chance.





So today on her blog, I found this poem. It struck me because I have asked this question in my life. I am such a very, very blessed person - and sometimes when I am down, I question how I deserve the wonderful things in my life.





So here you go, people- I hope you enjoy this as much as I did.





Do you deserve it?
Do you deserve the luck you've been handed? The place you were born, the education you were given, the job you've got? Do you deserve your
tribe, your customer base, your brand?
Not at all. “Deserve” is such a loaded word. Most of us don’t deserve the great opportunities we have, or the lucky breaks that got us here.
The question shouldn’t be, “do you deserve it.” I think it should be, “what are you going to do with it now that you've got it?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh love this:) Thank you for sharing it:)