Now by no means is this perfect- in fact- far from- but i felt so happy sitting at the machine and working the pedal and finishing this up(I sewed the back panel onto the front panel)
and i was just so stinkin' Inspired by my friend's Dodi and Michelle that I purchased this book above- I mean these women are like a perfect picture of motherhood- loving, wonderful, not so perfect perfect, a little crazy, FUN....man- i really like them.

robby really loved it- we made another batch later on with a box of pudding mix in it for a little more creaminess- it worked.
and i was just so stinkin' Inspired by my friend's Dodi and Michelle that I purchased this book above- I mean these women are like a perfect picture of motherhood- loving, wonderful, not so perfect perfect, a little crazy, FUN....man- i really like them.Dodi had this book and I just had to have it too.
And then, yesterday it snowed and I just still felt so thrilled with the homemade goodness that we tried this...
Sandy's Old-time Snow Cream Recipe
Basic Recipe
1 cup milk1/2 cup sugarscant 1/2 teaspoon vanillalarge bowl of snow (about 3 quarts)
Blend milk, sugar and vanilla. Stir in enough snow to make snow cream to an ice cream consistency.
Variations - There are many variations for snow cream. For example, substitute canned cream for milk for a heavier flavor. Add Nestles Quik for a chocolate snow cream, or use instant cocoa mix. Another variation is to add plump raisins and cinnamon, or add a beaten egg for a nog taste. Puree an overripe banana and add to the mixture. Get creative - you know your family's tastes.
And then, yesterday it snowed and I just still felt so thrilled with the homemade goodness that we tried this...
Sandy's Old-time Snow Cream Recipe
Basic Recipe
1 cup milk1/2 cup sugarscant 1/2 teaspoon vanillalarge bowl of snow (about 3 quarts)
Blend milk, sugar and vanilla. Stir in enough snow to make snow cream to an ice cream consistency.
Variations - There are many variations for snow cream. For example, substitute canned cream for milk for a heavier flavor. Add Nestles Quik for a chocolate snow cream, or use instant cocoa mix. Another variation is to add plump raisins and cinnamon, or add a beaten egg for a nog taste. Puree an overripe banana and add to the mixture. Get creative - you know your family's tastes.
well, hope all is well with you and yours.
Happy Tuesday.
4 comments:
LOVE the stitches!! so much fun!
i didn't even do that project at inspired. it was my last class and i was toast. i could not get into it for some reason. it is good to see yours complete! so pretty.
yummy... snow cream.
That looks wonderful. I was going through some serious Aimee withdrawal. Thanks for the fix!! Remember one important thing when making snow cream, make sure the snow isn't yellow!! Love ya.
I would like you to send me that pic of Robby eating the ice cream. I think I have a similar one of Dave and want to compare. He's looking more like his dad every day!
oh!! I made your blog! My name..in lights! hahahaha... :0)
I'm so proud of you -- keep sewing! It's just "sew" much fun, isn't it?
yeah - that was bad...I know. ;)
And please, please, PLEEEEASE next time you make "snow cream" can I come over?!?!?!? Holy WOW! I'm totally ready for another snowfall now!
Post a Comment