Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter

Easter was a lovely day. Got up early, 6:30, with Katie for Easter baskets and egg hunt, the kids were so delighted by the whole tradition of it all. I did not get any good shots but loved to listen to them talk about their morning with people throughout the day.
I also did not get any shots of the kids in Easter garb. I thought about snapping a few but in a effort to try and get a seat at church, I thought to myself I would do it after services. Well, it didn't happen but the kids looked so wonderful. Robby had his first real tie. Daddy had to put it on for him. Another great moment.
Here is a quiet moment with Nolan and Ash at my Mom's before all of the Easter rush of hunting for eggs outside and Easter dinner.

The great hunt---it was cold but that did not stop Rob from smiling.


Katie was on fire with finding the eggs.



The Hunt Supervisors


Getting the table ready for the FEAST- love all the little details in this picture.


My adorable Michael--- he is such a pistol.



And here is the bunny cake I made- I cringed when I saw my Mom had ruined my Ina Garten vision with a big red candle for Matt's birthday- I was proud of that cake- it is very RARE I make a cake from scratch and I learned how to use the juicer attachment on my processer to create this bugger.
You can also see the Egg Dippers that Dave made with the kids in this shot- they were a hit.


Here's Katie waiting to serve dessert. She makes me laugh.


Dave and Michael having a little fun.

Matt is turning 30 on April 16- Happy Birthday , Matt :)


Hope you all had a wonderful weekend.







2 comments:

Sooz said...

happy happy photos! love all the details...your bunny cake was sweet! I want a bite! xo

jen said...

i agree with sooz! this post made my heart smile. and the bunny cake comment was so funny. i cringed a little too! :)