Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Look, Mom! My very first sports injury!

ooohhhh, pretty....she's got legs, she knows how to Use THEM!
That is my elbow! NOt my knee... not broken only very bad soft tissue damage the x ray says...
At the request of my Dave, I am posting these pics...he seems to be proud of my new status in the world of someone who gets SPORTS injuries. If you know me at all you know I am not athletic...I have never been injured in the line of sports and recreation before. However, yesterday morning at the end of my morning bike ride at a local park, my tire hit some gravel and I hit the ground hard. My left side took it the worst---pictures above and my pointer finger on my right hand is purple.

So, now these are out here for the world to see and I am going to go off and lay down with a bag of frozen peas.

Happy Tuesday!

5 comments:

dodi said...

OMGoodness Aim!!! Yuck, yuck and TRIPLE YUCK!! Man, that looks like it hurts! :(

Take it easy and try to enjoy the holiday some, if you can. Sorry to be missing your gathering, but Chris will stop by! Take good care of him. This is always hard for me... leaving him to work while I go play with family. Give him some Aimee love, K? TX!!

And jeez, take care of you too!! I have some frozen asparagus if you need...lol!

Cameron said...

OWWWWWWIE!!!! Poor poor Aimee! See, this is why I don't like sports! :P

Anonymous said...

O U C H O U C H O U C H !!!!!

Anonymous said...

wow. you are totally hard-core, missy! i can't believe how much that looks like it hurts really really bad. perhaps you should try yoga instead of biking? ;) the worst injury you can get doing that (besides a pulled muscle) might be a bit of "rug burn" from some blankets. haahaha...

Sooz said...

omgomgomgomgomg...not my pretty pretty princess! OUCH. I cannot believe that is your ELBOW...how many times do I remind you girlz to STOP BENDING. EXERCISE IS DANGEROUS. DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME.

Seriously--hope you are on the mend...xoxo