Sunday, August 02, 2009

a day for the ducks, i said? more like a day for surfers.


so when i mentioned that we had an illusion pool (with glee, i might add) to Dave, he decided he had to go out and start the pump. i promptly told the kids to strip down and go out with him- I mean, come on, playing in the rain- CHILDHOOD in a box.

so after the pump was turned on, Dave brought the kids out front to see if the street was flooding yet---i think I once blogged about the chair floating down our street, yes? the kids still talk about that.

so the kids promptly, ran to get Frankie and Owen. Not sure if Dana loves this crazy fun or can't stand it- either way, she is STUCK with me.
but anyway, very quickly, Frankie and Owen were out of the house and READY to ROCK.

wooo hooooo!!!!
then, why not surf?
a front yard wading pool.
HANG ten, dude.
katie was catching the current in the ditches. YES!
she was screaming, "THIS is the BEST day of MY LIFE!" priceless


fun times, my friends. fun times.

2 comments:

Cameron said...

Super cute!! :)

Sooz said...

Oh I would SO BE OUT THERE WITH THEM! I love RAIN and BIG PUDDLES (when you don't have to slog through them on the way in to work, of course.) But playtime??? count me in! xo

and the new BLOG FACELIFT??? SERIOUSLY??? SERIOUSLY? YOU ARE MY HERO! IT's GOR-GEE-OUSSSSSSS! xoxo