So, as I sit at the computer, Scout loves to bat at my fingers from behind the screen as I type. It is very annoying and I gritz and complain and after awhile, he goes and lays down next to the keyboard.
This routine has become quite endearing so I wanted to share it with you today, dear internet.
It has been a long while since I have sat here at the blog. Vacations and chores have been in the way but mostly it is just that time of the year for me. Back to School time is a whirly and swirly one for me. I get caught up in the bittersweetness of motherhood and the worries and anxieties of my purpose in life and all that heavy junk.
Time marches on though so I don't know why I let myself get caught up in things I have no control over- I am working on it.
In an attempt to feel in control, I have started to look around the house and grouse at all the things that need to be done--the areas that drive me batty but not batty enough to acutally do something about it---I mean, come on--- my pantry drives me absolutely nuts- it is a mish mosh of unorganized and I always look in there and say," There must be a better system. I have to clean this out." But, the best part of my pantry is that it has a door and when it is closed, no one can see my unorganized life- much like all my other closets and cabinets and under the beds in this house.
Last night, I opened one of the cabinet doors to the pantry and a bunch of moths flew out- GROSS...so then, I emptied everything, wiped everything down and organized. Why, oh, why can just have it together without an insect infestation?
But, really, who wants to listen to this rant-- here are some great pictures.
2 comments:
My goodness - he is almost as tall as Katie! Still has the "Chandler" smile! LOL
Love you all!
i SOOOO relate to this post!
Post a Comment