Sunday, August 02, 2009

30 Days of Blank and blatherings at 4:00 AM

So we have decided to pick....drumroll please...

Family Exercise for our THIRTY DAYS OF BLANk.

on Aug. 1 we went for a family walk at a local park.

tomorrow we are going for a bike ride...katie, robby, and I, while Dave plays softball.

we will see how far we go. it is a goal of mine to get us moving together if just for a little bit each day.

if it becomes stressful, we'll revisit.

in other news:
I AM REJOINING the City to Shore bike race. in typical aimee fashion, i resigned from the race for FEAR-fear of not enough training time, dear of committing to something that was out of my box...fear of over scheduling. FEAR, FEAR, FEAR.

but, since i resigned i was disappointed in myself- it kept nagging at me and i could not let it go. surprise, surprise.

it turns out I am more scared to NOT do it. So I will do it. I am on a great team that is very supportive. training with them on Saturday morning was very reassuring. it is amazing to me (and I do mean amazing) that people that hardly know you can become such soft landings. i have to give myself over to that more often. falling into the net of people is not my style. I HATE TO BE VULNERABLE around most people. those of you out there that I am vulnerable with God bless you. LOL

MOnday morning I will call and reinlist.
My campaign to collect money will also begin so...watch for an email. City to Shore bike race is for MS; a great cause. asking people for money makes me uncomfortable, but, it is not for me, it is for a cause and I will PUSH FORTH. plus, i have to collect for DAve too- he can't even ask for ketchup in McDonalds. this sounds like a dig and i should erase it- but come on- if you read this blog you know I LOVE DAVE.

alright then, one more thing.

Check out this etsy shop, Saturday Morning Vintage. this is run by Jennifer Stewart, an artist I met in NC. She is filled with the love of God and also, she is uber talented. i love her stuff. of course i am whirling and swirling over her photo pendants. xoxoxoxoxox


Happy Sunday---I have more Scavenger Hunt photos but that will have to wait until my next wake up in the early wee hours. I am spending WAYYYYYYYYYYYY to much time on the internet as of late. Addicted to checking my email, parousing my blogs and doing facebook. read an article in Entertainment Weekly by Stephen King about how the average American has 8.5 hours of screen time a day and it made me vomit in my mouth. i don't want to add up my time. it is minutes here and minutes there and really is just a quick go to and relax type of spot throughout my day. need another GO TO.

good news is, TV time has gone down drastically. bad news is that I KNOW i am spending too much time here. have to find a balance.

good morning and good night.

3 comments:

jenwcom said...

your blog looks MAH-velous! I love it. I need to get out of the habit of reading blogs through RSS feeds and go to the actual living, breathing page.

GO YOU! 30 days of family exercise sounds perfect. we could totally use a lot more of that around here.

i think it might be easier to add up the minutes spent NOT on the internet for me. But it's familiar to me. it comforts me. it gets me through the day when i'd really rather crawl back in bed. the positive thing is that we're not watching daytime tv but surrounding ourselves with beautiful, generous people (albeit virtually).

i love you!

p.s. after our email exchange, we went to dinner with two new couples and the conversation at dinner blew the roof off the minor M word.

dodi said...

wow!!! What a beautiful new blog you have! So sassy and SO YOU!!!

You enjoy the next 30 days and every thirty days thereafter. If only you knew just how inspiring and beautiful and trendy and "everyone wants to be surrounded by Aimee" you are. Honestly... 15 minutes with you and I am refreshed and ready to take the next "hit."

Never change, Aim. Keep using your "..." whenever you want! Who knows when it is appropriate and when it's not?? I use them all the time and I also exclaim pretty much everything I type! See?!?

I love exclamations!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

And I can't wait for camp! Although, this heat wave could die down a bit for me. Please???

Cameron said...

I LOVE this post!!

First of all, I'm so glad that you decided to go ahead and do it anyway. When I did the Avon Walk the first year I was so scared but I took as my mantra that "fear is a stupid reason to not do something good." And I did it! And you will, too!

AND, I LOVE your comment about Dave and how it sounds like a dig but DUH, it's obvious that you love him. :) And it is, so obvious! :)

Good luck with your 30 days of exercise! I'm going to do a 30 days of exercise and eating healthy when I get home from this trip! :)