Friday, August 28, 2009

Real

Yesterday, my friend and I were riding our bikes and working hard, I might add. We were working so hard and at the same time able to have multiple discussions about life, love, and other ramblings.

And in that conversation came this..."I don't like blogs right now because everyone is living this glorious life of chicken coops, and wheat barley cous cous, and beautifully clean white furniture and craftiness." I take license here because that was a modified quote.

And so- since I have been made fun off myself for a gloriously happy and la la land blog, I have decided to make it REAL. or realer than normal, i hope.

very real facts about me that you never wanted to know:


1) Katie took all the pictures below at Target without me knowing. I mean, come on...my seven year old took multiple pictures without me knowing? what was I doing? am I that much in a fog at the store?
scary- but hey- they both returned home with me and i also brought home all my bags ;)


2) I have avoided getting my wisdom teeth out for years-- possibly eight---even though three dentists have told me they must come out.

3) My kitchen floor is disgusting and needs to be cleaned but my mop broke two weeks ago and the thought of getting on my hands and knees to do it does not appeal. so instead, i have robby run a swiffer over it each day.

Could I buy a mop? yes- but I live many miles from any store that would sell one?
Could I swiffer myself? yes- but then the chores that can easily be given to my five year old would be taken by me.

4) The upstairs in my house is usually never POP IN ready. I mean for real...I have things to do.

5) I promised my good friend, DOdi, this recipe three days ago and keep forgetting because quite frankly, my brain seeps out of my head.
try this recipe- IT IS really YUMM-o.


Alright, off to wander around the house and clean up the same piles and complain about my kitchen floor but not do anything about it.

Have a great weekend.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heart Aimee.

Cameron said...

LOL, I LOVE this post. :) And I love you and your real self. You can pop in on my disaster of a house any time, not because it is even close to presentable, but because I love you and I know that you would love me no matter what my house looked like! :)

dodi said...

Aimee -- I literally belly laughed out loud at this post! Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for the "REAL" post. My best friend Amy refuses to read many blogs (especially Philigry's - could that be who you are referring to?)because of the unrealistic white furniture, chicken coops and obsessive knitting. She always says "she HAS to have a maid/live-in nanny, never sleeps, her kids are gone 3/4 of the time, OR she completely ignores them in order to live this life!" hahaha!!! SO true!!!

Thank you for the recipe -- I was not, at all, holding my breath. However, the zucchini does look a bit worse today than yesterday. j/k! Not to worry - by tomorrow it will take on a whole new image! woohoo! Cannot wait!

jenwcom said...

you know when people are like, "OMG, my house is such a mess, i apologize" when you are standing in their perfectly CLEAN house? i HATE that. because then i think SERIOUSLY??? this house is on the cover of Southern Living compared to mine.

i LOVE real people. you ROCK!

Anonymous said...

I was told years ago I would never have to worry about my wisdom teeth--fast forward 10 years (=slower healing time) later...I just had 3 wisdom teeth out (I only had 3!) exactly 1 week ago. Things they don't tell you: (1) Vicodin is not that great. It makes you constipated. Take stool softeners. Then you'll have diarrhea for Days 5-??? (2) Take all your medicine ON schedule. Do not try to be a martyr. You'll pay for it. (3) The worst days are not the first 2, it's actually Day 3 & into Day 4....then it gets better...unless you get dry sockets, of course...but that's another story. DRY SOCKETS SUCK! And you'll know when you have it--they'll be no question.
Is this too much info?