After the singing, we had a beautiful tea and then the children recited a book about mommies by Eric Carle. The whole experience makes me so weepy and joyful.
The whole lead up to this big party was unforgettable too. Katie was very particular about what I was going to wear. She wanted me to wear a skirt...we went shopping to pick a new one out...and she had very strong opinions. She told me she didn't like me in black, she didn't want me to wear anything but a skirt or a dress, and pink was her first preference. As I dropped her off for school today, she said, "Mommy, you forget your special outfit for the Tea." She was so disappointed. Only when I explained to her that I was going home to change because the Tea didn't start until later did she feel better.
Oh, what a day...I am the so, so blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment