Tuesday, September 04, 2007

The big day...










is here and Katie is at kindergarten right now. she was so very excited. she changed her outfit plan a few times, wanted me to curl her hair so she would look beautiful( tried to explain to her that she would be pretty in a paper bag,) and changed sock choices a few times too.

we went through the steps to getting in the car to drive to kindergarten. we did our kissing hand routine...if you haven't read The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn, it is worth getting from the library. we took some pics and then we were off. katie was so excited and a little nervous about finding the right bus on the way home. after some reassuring that the teacher would get her on the bus she was giggling and ready. in the car, i leaned over to give her a big kiss and hug and true to form(she really is just like me) she got a little teary. God must have planned this because then I could not cry. after a quick pep talk she was back in form and raring to go. i know she is having the time of her life. and then rob started to cry because he wanted to go to school too...soon, baby, soon.

take note of katie's name tag- we had to make one for the first day...she made it herself and is very proud of her skunk-could she be any cuter?

now just to see her get off the bus- can't wait for that milestone.

3 comments:

Carol Brown said...

She is too cute words. I noticed that skunk right away and thought it was adorable. Poor Robby. Can't wait to hear all about her big day. Thanks for sharing the experience with us. I'm so proud of you that you didn't cry. Good thing Grandmom had to work wouldn't you say!!!

Love ya.

The Barfield Boys said...

I wish I was there to share a beverage and a mornin treat as you saw her off! I hope she enjoyed the smell of erasers and new pencils like i always did! It is the teacher in me! She is such a gem, I can't believe her time has come, time flies!! Griffin read that book in school today, I need to read it! thanks for sharing this special milestone!

Anonymous said...

From smiles to tears so quickly - makes me wish those days were back sometimes - just to hug the tears away! I miss those times.........