Tuesday, April 22, 2008

teaching






I am teaching a little class on Thursday for a group of non scrapbookers who want to scrapbook. I am pretty excited about this because I haven't taught "scrappin'" in a long time and also because these women are pretty excited.

They are excited to learn about this great hobby and that is good- because this hobby still makes me get a permasmile when I think about it.

I tried to incorporate minimal supplies and repetitive technique to create cohesion and just plain fun in this little accordion. I hope they like it.

If anyone out there in my scrappin' world has any advice you would like to pass on to beginning scrappers, let me know and I will pass it on...don't worry sooz, I will tell them that straight is stressful :)

Thanks for any tips you may have for me to pass on to this great bunch of ladies.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love it. i wanna make one. too bad i'm hundreds of miles away. i'd love to take your class. ):

Cameron said...

I love it! Did you paint around masks for the arrow and the circle?

Tell the new scrappers that DOING is more important than HAVING. Just make stuff with whatever you have, don't worry about having every product known to woman! And don't be afraid to scrap-lift... sometimes we all need a boost and then once we start creating all the ideas come to us. :) So just start! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Amiee! Great mini book. I wish I could come and be your asst. for the class. Please pass on to the newbies.My creative Mantra:) "Imperfection is perfection". Don't sweat it if it is not being perfect. Mistakes can be masterpieces!
Ps Deleted my previous comment because I clearly have not mastered grammer:)

Carol Brown said...

Those lucky ladies!! Wish I could be there.

Jilliene Designs said...

How exciting!!! I'm so stoked for you. When I teach beginning scrapbookers, I always tell them to make triple prints of their photos so they won't feel inhibited about experimenting. If they mess up on the first try or decide they don't like something they have another copy right there to play with. I also always have trivia/contests throughout the class and prizes. it gets people excited and increases their likelihood of scrapbook addiction - I'm such a pusher! Good luck - I love your project!

Anonymous said...

Do you want my book on advice for newbies?! LOL!

The most important thing is...it's about the memories and getting them down...not about the product or technique. That's just icing.

I know you'll be fabulous at teaching. You always were! Awesome mini book!

Anonymous said...

love it. can i come to the class?