Friday, November 20, 2009

I am having some repurposing fun....

So you remember those little sweater sets from the early 90's that would show just a bit of your navel, right? So this is the cami from a set that has somehow not been donated yet....
It went from a rayon, acrylic, sparkly belly shirt...
to this adorable hat. After some coaching from Dodi, I figured it out and I am really loving the results.

it literally took all of ten minutes.

how fun! how many of you want to guess where Katie and I will be going tomorrow morning?
Happy Weekend.

5 comments:

Cameron said...

ACK! So so so cute!!!! Way to go, Aimee!

dodi said...

I have to second Cameron's "ACK!!!!!!!!!" -- not just for this post, but the owl??????? That freakin' owl is a-dor-a-ble!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe what has come out of a quick machine repair and sliding a book across your kitchen table!! lol!! :D

You go girl!!! And when are you taking orders????

dodi said...

Forgot to send this to you yesterday -- something cute for a cousin??? Katie would probably love to help in the manufacturing of this one! :D

http://www.skiptomylou.org/2009/11/04/sweater-refashion-into-a-hat-and-scarf/

Sooz said...

HOLY HECK!!!!!!!! THESE ARE AWESOME!! THAT HAT!??!?! Oh me oh my! I love it. and the owl....weee--oooh! Very fab.

YOU GO GIRL!

Chrissy Mancini said...

Very cute! Makes me wish I had a good sewing machine....