Saturday, November 14, 2009

If I were rich...


I would buy these two books immediately.

I think Kate would get such a kick out of these.

Maybe for Christmas, I will get the books with packs of polymer clay and supplies to bake her creations and a stack of felt to make the sewing projects with...

The only thing that makes me nervous is that this is so not COMMERCIAL. you would not find this in a catalog or a television commercial. she is quick to go through those booklets and loves to want things she sees commercials for.... but this seems to be so KATIE.

ummmm.....any thoughts out there?

4 comments:

Jilliene Designs said...

You know - my kids are always drawn to the commercial stuff because the TV or their friends put it as a priority but last year I made Eva a Popsicle stick doll house and both of the kids play with it all the time. eva with her doll and aidan uses it as the back drop for his battles in outer space. He also uses all kinds of other random stuff like a remote that goes to nothing, a light switch plate, half of a soap holder and a cookie tin.my point being...I think she'll love it

Cameron said...

Oh my stinkin' heck, sooooo cute! There's a couple ladies on Etsy who make tiny food jewelry just like that, I never knew there was a book! And the hand-stitched felt looks so fun, I'd love to take a look at that one! I'd love that present, so I'm sure Katie will, too! :)

Cameron said...

p.s. The best lesson you can teach Katie is that homemade things are a hundred times better than store-bought things that everyone else has. This would be one great way to show her that and instill that in her! :) (In addition to all the other ways you show her.) :)

dodi said...

Go for it!! I'm lovin' the felt one...that looks yummy! And that is something that even Rob could do.

Funny that you mention the commercialized stuff -- one of the itmes Ab is BEGGING me for, is the "Touch and Brush" Do you know what that is??? It's a toothpaste dispenser!!!! "No more mess!" she says! haha!! :D