Monday, November 23, 2009

I must make these///////

okay--- I am so, so in love. Donna Downey had these ornaments on her blog today. The lady is a creative dynamo. I love these.

So dear internet,

please, let me know who has a typewriter or something for me to type right on the muslin...any friends out there with this?

and please internet, have someone write to me and tell me how to set an eyelet into fabric.

I LOVE THIS.

Thank you internet and universe and Donna Downey.

5 comments:

Cameron said...

I love these, too! I have a typewriter but of course I'm too far away! As for the eyelet, you just use the Crop-a-Dile or Big Bite, easy peasy. I really hope you do these and share your results!! If you can't find a typewriter you could always just use a typewriter font on the computer and make iron-ons...

Carol Brown said...

They would make nice gifts for your favorite Aunt for Christmas!

Sooz said...

Aim...you can get printable muslin sheets in the quilting aisle at JoAnn's too...(tho' it's expensive)...OR...you can stamp right on the muslin with StayzOn...dont you have that big alphabet font thing?

I WANT A TYPEWRITER, TOO. One of these days....

OR--BETTER YET...You and I can play hookey one day and DRIVE TO SEE CAMERON and use hers!! SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!

Stella said...

I'm going to try my hand at these this weekend! I joined an ornament swap online and need to make 10 ornaments. I think these will fit the bill! I just got a typewriter not too long ago from freecycle! It was free! You should check to see if your city has a freecycle. I think the groups are hosted by yahoo, the same way the inspired group is.
I'll share my attempt when I've made them!

Stella said...

here is the freecycle link: http://www.freecycle.org/