So where have I been? Well, my Christmas hermit phase was wonderful---napping, pjs all day, lots of SCREEN time for mommy with facebook and blogs...YUMMY and just what the doctor ordered after a busy fall and holiday season. However, this type of behavior was getting a little bit "addictive" shall we say ( I was still wanting to follow this pattern of behavior well into January 10th... and I had to STOP THE MADNESS. So, I vowed that I would only do blogs and facebook after the kids went to bed.
This trick worked- I have been MUCH more productive, back into the full swing of things...however, only allowing facebook and blogs after the kids go to bed means NO time at all since it is very, very cold in the kitchen at night where the computer is and it is much more fun being under a blanket on a couch or a bed.
RIght now, I had to break the rule and blog at 10 Am in the morning because I just have some stories worth telling. p.s. i have missed you, internet world ;)
Robby and I picked this up when we went to Ash's house the other day. On the drive home he insisted on holding the gnome and was very entranced shall we say.
Here's the conversation we had:
Me: "What should we name the gnome?"
Rob: " UGLY CHEERLEADER"
Me:" We can't name it that. That would hurt her feelings."
Rob: "Okay, how about 'GREAT Cheerleader in An Ugly Way.' "
Me: laughing, "No, that will not work."
So Rob goes on and on describing her features and how she just is about the strangest looking thing he has seen in a while. He made up some songs about the gnome- all kinds of stuff. Honestly, I hope I always remember the conversation because it was priceless.
Finally as we were getting closer to home I say, "Where should we put the gnome? We have to think of a special place."
Rob says without skipping a beat, " How about a hiding place. She is UGLY."
THAT BOY!
Well, the gnome is a much appreciated gift...and she is sitting on a shelf next to one of our Wooden ducks, safe and sound.
Thank you for the gift, Ashlynne. I love you.
I have more stories but they will have to wait-- I have been here for a half hour--- too long with the list of things I have to get done today.
Happy Weekend!
3 comments:
Oh, too funny! :) Cute cute kiddos. :)
Let me just say this - thank you for blogging! I so needed a smile this morning and there you were providing me not only a smile but a laugh. Love you all. Sure could use one of your hugs right now!!
ooh I love this story! and this GNOME! wee! Hope she gets to go on some ADVENTURES like NEDLEY soon!
(PS...where is NEDLEY?)
Post a Comment