Friday, January 15, 2010

one little word 2010

i had declared somewhere that myword for 2010 would be focus. this year is a year to begin to reign myself in and do this since I will begin to work full time again in Sept. I also am carrying another six credits this semester and am student teaching for three weeks in the summer.

I am petrified about this life switch. I know I have to do it. I want to do it because it has always been part of our life plan. I don't want to do it because it is a change and I don't like change. I don't want to miss anything with my kids. I always marvel at working moms because they are the most amazing people on EARTH. How will I swing it? I don't like change because being in control is a little harder with CHANGE.

so cutting myself short on that topic, focus seemed to fit for the first few days of 2010.

but, fit as it might, it is not ME.

so I am changing my one little WORD to FAITH.

I am going to have faith that it will all be okay. I am going to work on putting it in God's hands. I am going to work on having faith in my support system around me to make everything WORK.

2008 word- BE
2009 word- SAVOR... (love that sentiment)
2010 word- FAITH

HAppy Friday

4 comments:

Diane Fallon said...

You already are an awesome wife, mother, friend and you'll still be awesome when you add the prefix "working" to your titles. I love your choice of faith as your word of 2010. With faith, all things are possible. Love reading your blogs, love YOU, and miss you!
Until summer.....xoxo paul.

Carol Brown said...

I have faith that you will be fine and continue to be the very awesome mother/wife/sister/daughter/friend/teacher/any other thing I can think of that fits person that you are. We love you.

Cameron said...

Oh Aimee, I didn't know you're going back to work in the fall! I have a couple friends who have to go back to work after their maternity leave and they are having the HARDEST time, my heart breaks that they have to leave their tiny babies. I, too, have FAITH that everything will work out, you are strong! :)

dodi said...

I ♥ your new word. It's a perfect fit for you and for your World right now. Writing it all out helps, but also makes it seem that much more overwhelming (is that proper English??? haha) anyhoo -- you CAN do this. One bite at a time.... ~ ♥ ~

p.s. I love your new name too! SO YOU!!!! ☺