Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Okay- I got this from my friend Cameron's blog. I love lists like these because they make me take stock.


Please don't feel you have to waste your time reading this...it is very long and full of drivel. There are also no pictures. (Sorry Pittsburgh Mom and Aunt Carol.) I wrote this for a bit of therapy and also because i have not blogged in a bit. I also tried to be as honest as I possibly could while knowing that others might read it.

****added**** i have now come back to this posting three times during this day-- started at 8:00 AM this morning. It is now 5:30--- don't think i am not committed to sharing my life's nonsense with you.




1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
I did City to Shore. I biked 72 miles or so in a day. I was scared. But, I did it.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
No, I don't --- I sometimes make them, rarely keep them. The problem with resolutions for me is that they are always about the things that bother me every single day- not just on New Years. and then I think to myself--- why does this have to bother me? and then because I am sooooo reflective with myself that it makes me want to throw up, I adamantly tell myself I will have no resolutions.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My sister had a baby....and my sister in law.
i love babies.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
i can never really remember the date or year that people close to me die. it feels like my Dad just died. It feels like my Pop Pop just died. I know they didn't but...

5. What countries did you visit?

didn't travel internationally

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
A fitter, healthier body ; more willpower; a more organized house so I can find what I own.

(this was almost the same answer as my lovie Cameron and I am stealing it.)

7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

I am going to change this to events because as described in #4, I can not remember dates.


  • The Fourth of July parade in Chalfont and seeing Dave on the firetruck....why? because at that moment, all of the reasons he is my soulmate were crystal clear.

  • The visit I had with Diane this summer. why? I love her.

  • Playing in the rain during a quick flash flood on the street in the summer time WHY? because it felt like the essence of childhood to me.

  • biking to the beach in Chincoteague. Why? because i felt like my Dad was with me.

  • watching the Jim and Pam wedding on TV. Why? because I am a huge Nerdbomber.

  • going out shopping on Black Friday at midnight with my mother in law. Why? because it was crazy exciting.

  • rushing to the hospital at 5:00 in the morning to make it just in time to see Bryce born. why? because my family is what it is all about.

  • sitting in the hospital waiting for my Mom to get out of surgery and talking to Dodi and Colleen on the cell phone. why? because they are beautiful people.

  • taking a snowy evening walk with Dana on our big snow storm this year. Why? because we are crazy together.

  • Krissy telling us she was having a girl on Christmas day. why? because i love my Kristen.
and really a ton more- i am into STORIES.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

nothing that jumps out at me. well, that is not true--- losing twenty six pounds was kinda big for me. i just hate to type it because i am starting to gain it back. there is nothing worse than listening to someone moan about their weight. GET OVER IT AND STOP EATING>

9. What was your biggest failure?

oh goodness.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

I fell off my bike and got a lot of street cred for how bad it looked. it really ROCKEd.

11. What was the best thing you bought?

a pair of gladiator sandals. (LOL, Sooz)

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

oh goodness, dana, colleen, chrissy and ally maholtz over a muffin tin of jello.
and by jello i mean jello shots. enjoyed responsibly by adults.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

i was pretty sad about....Umm- I got nothing.

14. Where did most of your money go?

are you kidding?
not answering this one.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

my deck (thanks Pat Maholtz---if you have any construction needs-call him! , farmville, learning to sew, watching Rob pass the band test, taking a very needed road trip with Sooz, going to Nature Camp, gummy coca cola bottles from Dave



16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Black Eyed Peas Boom Boom Pow


17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? happier
b) thinner or fatter? thinner
c) richer or poorer? poorer financially

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?


outside moving around, kayaking, biking, hiking, jumping--- i hate going to the gym but i love exercising outside once i am engaged in the activity

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?


thinking.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
with my family, morning at my house, afternoon at my mom's.


21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
yep.

22. What was your favorite new TV program?
The League. so very funny


23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
um- no new people to hate.

24. What was the best book you read?


The Help was pretty awesome---wish i was reading a whole lot more. i love getting lost in a book. but i read blogs instead of literature. wow, that is a sad statement, isn't it?-



25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
pandora.com-----THANKS, Dodi.

26. What did you want and get?
um---most things i want, i get. i am very blessed and yes, spoiled that way. this is definitely something i have to work on-- not always wanting.


27. What did you want and not get?
didn't go to Disney with the fam again. didn't get a week at a seaside location with Dave and the biddies.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
ummm-----I really liked Juno but can't remember if I saw it this year. I liked Up. I want to see Up in the Air.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 35 this year. My birhtday was on a Sunday so we had church and then Yum Yum donuts..yum. shopping with kris and mom. fun home time with the kiddos. a great birthday. ash and kris got me flowers and they were beautiful. fresh flowers are such a great splurge.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

wow- definitely owning a convertible. how i miss my convertible.


31. Describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
um-----personal fashion concept....does not compute.

32. What kept you sane?
Dave.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
ummmmmmmmm....Josh Duhamel

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
oh my....political apathy



35. Who did you miss?

my Dad, B-O-B. every hour.


36. Who was the best new person you met?
Michelle Peacock. she is someone that i feel like i have known for a long time. and she is so refreshing and real.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
oh goodness. that we're all human. that i am definitely and absolutely not alone in my crazies and the people i want to surround myself with are the ones that will openly admit to this.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

double your pleasure, double your fun. Chris Brown, Forever.



5 comments:

Carol Brown said...

No pictures forgiven for this. It was great.

Chrissy Mancini said...

Gummy Coca-Cola bottles? On man, I'm missing out on that one. And any time you need help with indulging in muffin tins full of jell-o shots, you know where to find me ;o) Responsibly of course...

Cameron said...

I totally laughed when I read your note about coming back to it, because I did that, too! Even now I was just in the shower and thought of things I should have added to it! :)

Cameron said...

Oh p.s., I loved your list!! :)

dodi said...

You are 100% REAL, and so darn refreshing to read. You know I love lists too, And want to copy this!!!! But I owe photos of my hand made goodies from the holidays first. darnit!

I love. love, LOVED this. Never stop blogging.... EVAR! ♥