Monday, July 21, 2008

Oh me, Oh my...




What's this you say? Oh yes, it's that crazy phallic symbol that my daughter carries around everywhere just laying in the sand. He has been lovingly repaired four or five times and has many layers of glue to keep him together. And yes, I still laugh when I see him and can't stop watching people's reactions in stores as they watch Katie carrying him. I am immature, I will admit it.












So, I have gotten a lot of feedback about the rather comical Wormie (I affectionatly call him Willie) and I thought it was high time to give an update. Wormie is alive and well as you can see here--- he is enjoying himself at the beach... Katie normally plays with toys for three or so days and then moves on to the next thing but Wormie has permanence---ohhhh, I should backspace that- but I won't.


In other news some good people news to share. On Saturday night I took this picture of my Mom and kids waiting on a bench for the Pony Express Trolley in Chincoteague and then got on the trolley and left my sweet, dear camera on said bench.


I did not realize I had misplaced my camera until the next morning- two hours before we were set to depart. I cried because I was so mad at myself for being careless and because I was heartbroken that I lost so many dear pics of my vacation and my Diane's visit the week before. So many things in this paragraph will make my Dave shake his head. One that I lost my camera, two that I did not tell him for fear he would yell, and three that I had not unloaded my camera card before the trip...but I digress.


At 9 AM, I called the police station and lo and behold they had received a call the night before that the owner of the storefront with the bench had called in about a camera and had the camera in his office if anyone called in about it. Well, I was thrilled. I love people. People are good- really, really good. I mean this bench sat on the main street of the town and people walked past all evening and someone took the time to walk my little camera into the restaurant and turn it in... Thank God for honest people.


And I love small towns like Chincoteague. You must go to Chincoteague, VA and enjoy its charm. I promise you will find at least twenty things to love about it.


So here's to honest people, phallic symbols, and whatever my Mom is making such a face at in that picture- wish I knew. Happy Monday.

3 comments:

Carol Brown said...

You, my dear, are the best!!

Anonymous said...

I would have absolutely died if I had left my camera somewhere. Just died -- from crying way too much. Is that possible?! LOL!

SOOO glad that you found it though!

Anonymous said...

Yea! about finding the camera:) I would be sick too. you once again made almost pee myself laughing. Amiee,I love ya:) Thanx for another photo of the worm:)