Here's the way things have been shaping up around here with our wonderful kids: Katie is a mini me and Robby is a mini Dave.
Dave calls Katie- "AJ" and jokingly I snap back that Rob is "DJ." And it really is so true.
Anybody that knows us really well gets a real chuckle out of it. I especially love when we are in Pittsburgh and Dave's family says, "Robby is so Dave."
Case in point, Rob and Dave are both born athletes. If either of them can't get something right away, they will practice and practice until it happens. Like skateboarding for instance...Rob saw two boys skate boarding in the JoAnn Fabrics parking lot last week. He told me he wanted to try it. I told him he was too young and it was a tricky thing. The next morning he dragged my skateboard (from when I was a teenager) out of the garage and started to practice. He practiced all day- even in the dark and has been practicing over the last week. He has gotten pretty darn good.
So yesterday, Dave made a passing comment that Rob was ready for roller blades. I started a mental count in my head for how many days it would take until the two of them headed out for a pair of blades for "DJ." Well, it was one day--- they went out to Sports Authority tonight and now at 7:00 pm in the dark they are outside practicing and Rob is taking to it like a fish to water. AMAZING.
I am so glad that these two can bond like this. I know my Dad is smiling at his two guys. It makes me cry and most of them are happy tears.
Happy Wednesday.
1 comment:
Roller blades!!!!!! He is one incredible 4-year old MAN!
It makes me laugh though how he IS so Dave!
I just hope that his sports don't make your Pittsburgh visits short by tournaments like someone else in that family of yours!!!!!!!!!
Love you all...........
Post a Comment