Wednesday, October 01, 2008

ON Worms and Tender Heart Girls, Loving Parents and Horses.

I would say it was High time for an update on Wormy or Willie as I affectionately call him...Well, as you can see---good old Will was dropped in the drive way and I thought for sure this was the end. I could hear the drop from across the street and held my breath in a way that parents do waiting for a reaction. Well, the reaction was lots of tears and despair and all around desperado at which I pledged that I would do anything I could to put Wormie back together again. And I meant it.
As I was gluing this CRAZy beloved object of my Katie's together, I had a flashback to my own childhood. I had a Barbie horse that lost its hoof and let me tell you- this was a serious deal to me- it seems that I have always had a flair for the dramatic and I was heartsick over my beautiful black Barbie horse's broken hoof. Over the next two years my Dad tried many things to get it to stick and it would stick for a bit and then break again. He took it to work to use welding tools to melt it back together. He bought different types of glue and epoxy to fix it. He even had his friends in on the deal. He took it to good old Don, our backyard neighbor who was an Antique Dealer-he thought maybe he would have the glue to fix it...
I had forgot about my Dad's devotion over this particular toy and I have to tell you- each day that I am a Mom, I realize and feel more and more of what my parents felt- because I tell you- they did anything they could to take away my hurt and I would do anything I can to take away Katie and Robby's.

Even perform ridiculous surgery on a Phallic symbol over a 24 hour time span.



And as my dear Dave pointed out...doesn't it just look like Willie is saying, "Please let me die...oh, please...just let me die..."



Long live Wormie...and all the other beloved toys out there.



4 comments:

Cameron said...

Oh my gosh this is heartworming... I mean warming. :) How precious that you share this in common with your dad now! :) I love how you share these stories, they are not the things people normally share but they truly show you and your heart and your family, I love them! :)

Anonymous said...

You missed your calling - the worm looks almost as good as new - from a distance that is!!!
Love my Katie's affection to things!

Carol Brown said...

I suggest using your creative juices and disguise the crack with duct tape!!

Anonymous said...

Oh dear poor wormie:( You know this wormie has made me grin from ear to ear the day I layed my eyes on it. I am glad you saved it:)