
So today felt like a perfect fall day for a walk so Owen, Robby, and I bundled up(how cute is this pumpkin hat?) and we were off to walk down the street. The amazing thing about children is their spirits. Robby was watching the leaves flutter down to the street- it was quite beautiful and he decided to start to catch them. His giggles filled my heart and Owen got a kick out of watching him chase the leaves. Oh, to see the world through a child's eyes...But anyhoo, after doing this up and down the street, I finally convinced Robby to turn back so I could get my camera so I could capture this fun and magical moment of Robby catching leaves---

Well, I should have known that all the spontaneity(sp?) of the moment was lost when I made the point of changing our course to retrieve the camera. And lately, I have been trying to leave the camera home so I can live in the moment--- but this moment seemed too perfectly Robby to let it pass undocumented--- so after a little snuggling with Owen for the camera( he wanted that documented,) I led Rob back out into the street to start catching leaves again.

Well, my Rob is no show pony...he wasn't going for it any more because I was saying-"Catch the leaves. Catch the leaves..." Talk about a psycho scrapbooking Mom or something. I mean really, I was already picking paper to use for the layout in my head--- a sure sign that I was not living in the moment.

So, this is what my little boy does-- he turns this into a game of "Just try and get a picture of me, crazy camera, lady." This is a great game for him because it always gets a rise out of me. I mean, in his defense, I have taken about 17,000 photos since Katie has been born and I am truly not exaggerating.

And here he is giggling away at his crafty game--- he was moving so fast up and down with his head that his laughing face is blurred-- I love the shot anyway because it is such my ONERY Robber Bobbers.

But come on, can you blame me for taking photos of him all the time? Just look at this boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment