I am so excited about this I can hardly even think about it rationally. Yes, i know I am spoiled rotten and a total princess because now I OWN the Cricut Expressions. I don't need it but I ohhh so wanted it. I wanted it but thought it wouldn't happen because it is extravagant. I mean, I have a small Cricut.
So from afar, I ooogled at it but never thought it was in the cards.
And it gets better. I watched the DVD that it comes with tonight and it does so much more than I thought it did. I can't believe how much more versatile it is than the Little Cricut. It has so many functions I wasn't aware of and a lot of very, very clever features I want to try.
Really, in a totally materialistic way, I couldn't be happier. Lately I have been saying that I would like to have a pile of money to go on a spree. Well, guess what? this is what i would have bought. amazing.
And who do I owe this to...my sisters, brother-in-laws, and dave. double spoiled girl, my mom bought me two new cartridges! ACCCK, I am a princess. they bought it for me and what a total surprise it was. they sent me on this 33 clue scavenger hunt around the house and let me tell you...it was like I was there with Daddy. The clues could have been written by him, they had his clever tone and sneakiness about them and the clues also took me to so many different memories. I am crying just thinking about it. The whole evening was so touching and uplifting and emotional and perfect.
i could go on and on about this scavenger hunt though because at the end of the hunt, there was a big box and after opening box after box inside of the big box, I came to a little box that I was sure was some new Pandora beads for my bracelet. But guess what, it was another clue. It lead me to my Circut and as soon as I saw the box, I knew. I just knew because I have been staring at the shape and size of the Cricut Expressions box for so long now and then as I was opening it it took all of my strength and character not to run out of the room and bawl my eyes out. I didn't do this because I didn't want to seem like a materialistic fool but the real reason I am just so excited about this(besides that I have this amazing tool) is that once again, as they do all the time, my family has shown me that i am just so loved.
and this birthday celebration didn't sting like the others have since my Dad died because I know he was there with me. he is with me all the time but my heart is finally opening up enough to feel it. I felt him just like I felt him at Nolan and Michael's birth. I love you so much, Daddy. Thank you for being alive in all of us.
so here's to my family and my circut and my family. thanks, guys, you really will never know how much this all means to me but like you guys always say...i am too sappy. so maybe in the end this means you might know how much i love you. i hope so.
6 comments:
That is a special family you have. Wish we could have been there to share it with you. Hope your birthday week is just as special as you. Love ya.
I couldn't help getting excited reading how excited you are!!!!! What a great present! You will have to let me know just exactly what it does............
That is soo cool! Enjoy your new toy!
my dear friend alisa adores her cricut (and I love going over for a play date!)
congrats!
love.
Aww...I am tearing up just READING it!! Love that you had to do a scavenger hunt to get to it!! I have NO IDEA what all it can do...you must tell us!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY WEEK TO YOU!! Hugs.
ps is that what donna d used to make that fabric album? is that how she cut out the words do you think? wasn't sure if that alphabet was a cricut thing or a sizzix...
Post a Comment