Tuesday, November 06, 2007

The Saga of the Jawbreaker










So unbeknownst to me, Katie put my sister on a mission about a month ago and she has successfully completed this mission. Kristen has found and purchased and delivered the World's Largest Jawbreaker for my children.








Making this an even more pleasing tale, when Kristen called yesterday and told Katie that the mission was complete, Katie knew immediately what Kris was talking about even though they had not talked about it for a month.

Making this even more enjoyable is that this is a total Auntie story as my sister purchased these online for $10.99 each plus shipping. Oh, for the love of an aunt for her nieces and nephews.

I am just so pleased that my children have aunts that would do this because as any mother that is reading this knows, mothers do not purchase 1 lb. jawbreakers for $11.00.

And so, I share the pics. And I have been instructed by Kristen to post pics of the Jawbreakers and said owners each week so as to document the progress.
Blissful, completely blissful.

ohhh and on another front...I have quit Weight Watchers. It wasn't for me. I still acknowledge that I need to lose some body mass but not with counting points and being hungry. I do know the Weight Watchers plan works and is a great plan but for this phase in my life, it does not mesh.

i am joining LA Fitness today. this will hopefully be a success story. i do not like to exercise until i am doing it and i have belonged to gyms before and it has been nightmarish. but because of my blood pressure and my love of eating, exercise has to be PART of my life and even though i see very few pockets of time to do said exercise, i will find them. heck, i have just spent the last ten minutes completely enjoying myself doing this and most of the morning either cleaning or reading a book. i can find time. i must find time.

tootles and swirls my friends.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

aim-there is a class i want to do on saturdays at la fitness....what do you think..we should try to do classes a couple times a week

Carol Brown said...

Way to go Kristen!! You are the best.

Aimee - portions and exercise will get it there for you so I will tell Uncle Gerry he can't give you 10 lbs. of macaroni salad!!

Love ya.

Anonymous said...

All right Kristen!!
Now if I ever hear another word about sugar from my son - I have evidence!!!!

I'm so happy that you are not starving yourself.........

Sooz said...

love the JAWBREAKER STORY!! GO AUNTIE!!! and props to you for switchin' off to a new "plan" but not giving up. You are my inspiration -- I need to get a few more BIKE RIDES in before the winter arrives!!