Thursday, June 19, 2008

Cool


I have shamelessly stolen this picture from Kal Barteski's blog but I could not help it- it is so darn cool.
And it reminds me so of so many moments- so many times when I knew no one in a situation and then- you know what- I met people.
And you know what, no matter how bad the place is there are also some good people in it.
And my friends, I have met many, many good people in my life.
This quote also reminds me of my Dave- shortly after we met, I had fallen head over tin cups for him- really, really big crush- bigger than i had ever had- i would see him on campus on one of my regular paths to an afternoon class. The thought of him seeing me in the middle of the day between classes not looking just so made me too nervous to even contemplate- so I would actually hide behind a corner of a building so he would not see me. Once he passed I would go on my way. My heart would beat so fast as I was hiding and he was passing that I swore the people around me could hear it.
I was so young and so silly- and i guess very vain or insecure- not sure which-
The funniest part is that Dave thinks I look the best without my hair done, without makeup and when I don't have a care in the world.
Okay- listening to Dido and everything is right in the world- cue the Scrubs reference

3 comments:

Shani said...

i'm glad that we said "hi" and "shut up" and "be quiet" and "hey girl, you're crazy"! so glad that we were brave enough for those words!

Anonymous said...

SEE. you even have your prince charming. (:

i love to hear how people met. when did you finally cross his path?

Anonymous said...

Oh love this post!!! Thanks for sharing your story:) I am so glad we said Hi at inspired:) I can't imagine my creative journey without ya:) you rule:)