Saturday, June 21, 2008

Many Happies...


A few things late on this Saturday...not necessarily in any order of importance...


1) My hands are extremely messy- they have not been this messy since Inspired--I am creating my box for my cards for the WASSIMA card challenge and let me tell you-fun with a capital F.

i will show pics when it is done--jost a hodge podge lodge of goodness going into my little card holder box- layers and layers of bric a brac and i couldn't be happier.


2) My soulmate and college roomate, Diane is coming to visit me in a mere two weeks. I have not seen her in ten years. I am over the moon with this news that she sent me via email today- I actually cried on the phone when i told my mom- i am in such a twitter over it.


3) Dave brought me three tomato plants today- you would have thought that he brought me six dozen roses- i was so delighted---my little cherry tomato plant died and i was sad over it so he went and brought me three beauties to replace it. I am a lucky woman to have that man.


4) My Aunt Carol and I can never ever talk again about our big babies. Admittedly, my cousin Alex was born a lot bigger than Katie- Katie was ten and a half pounds and Alex, I think, was over twelve but this lady was carrying the weight of both of them combined. Oh my STINKIN' Heck! (see below)


'Big twins' tip scales at North Carolina hospital


Sean William Maynard and Abigail Rose Maynard weighed in at a combined 23 pounds and 1 ounce at birth this week, a North Carolina hospital announced Friday.


The boy weighed 10 pounds, 14 ounces; the girl, 12 pounds, 3 ounces. Springs said both babies are in excellent condition after their birth to parents Joey and Erin Maynard of Winston-Salem.


5) Today, Dave refurbished a Weber Grill that was out for the trash in our neighborhood. He did an amazing job- the thing almost looks brand new and with just one more touch- will work like it is brand spankin' new too. It lights like a dream but one of the burner lines needs to be scrubbed a bit more. It is a 550 dollar grill and he is so excited as he should be...all day long he worked on it and I knew he was in his glory- it was nice to watch. When he was done and we were all admiring it, he said outloud what I know he had been thinking all day- "I know your Dad is proud of me on this one..." And he is right, I know my Dad is proud of him. For many reasons. Even though I am crying as I type this, this little moment was a happy for me--my Dad lives in all of our hearts everyday and the relationship that Dave and my Dad had brings me so much comfort. My Dad's birthday is tomorrow and this little moment was needed.


Good night everyone, I am off to bed. I am a very tired girl.

1 comment:

Carol Brown said...

You are so right about that one!! When I read that yesterday I cringed. I know what it was like to carry one 12 lb. 5 oz., 23 inch long baby. I saw a picture of the mother and was glad to see she was a lot bigger framed than you or I, but STILL!!! Wonder what she was eating!! Mine excuse was root beer floats!! We can still talk about ours though girl. Uncle Gerry said he thinks that story caused motherhood around the world to groan!! Too funny. Love ya.