Thursday, November 06, 2008

Beauty






So these are the views off of my porch which we had built just a little less than a year ago.


I love my porch and I love the view. Just look at the colors on these trees. God is very talented with a paint brush, huh?
When we pulled up to this house on a spring day for an Open House three years ago, the tree lined street and the house just seemed too dreamy. I whispered to Dave that we could never afford to live on a street this pretty. And at this point, we had not even sold our house and could not buy without selling. We were just looking around at areas that might have worked for us. You can imagine how excited I was and surprised that this house was still available when it was time to buy and that we COULD afford it. God always has a plan.
So today I am grateful for:
my house, my neighbors, my trees, my yard, my pool, my built in cupboards, my hardwood floors, my porch, everything about this little street and for the chance to live here.
I also wholeheartedly agree with Cameron who is also doing this grateful challenge that a list of twenty things is very simple to create. we are blessed.

4 comments:

Cameron said...

I have a similar story with buying our house! It makes me appreciate it so much more. We are all so blessed indeed!! :)

Amy said...

Funny...I have a story like that, too! Isn't it funny how things fall into place when it's meant to be? Or maybe not so funny after all!

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful view. i love the colors of fall. and totally agree that God is the greatest artist of all.

runswithtrimmer said...

I am still waiting to find "the" house so I am a little jelaous LOL.
We own our house but I know we will be selling as soon as the kids are done school because I need more trees! Of course that is 8 years away so who knows!
Thanks for your comment on my blog about my painting :) I am flattered!
Heather