Thursday, March 19, 2009

Like Warm Sunshine on My Back


Yesterday, I sat in the sun with my friend, Michelle and watched we watched our two sons-Jonathan and Robby and my nephew, Michael play in the park. It was lovely.
The sun on my back felt so good and it was just what I needed. Some days are like that, you know.
And today, I read on Emily Falconbridge's blog about a visit she had with some of her very good friends. She said the visit was like "WArm Sunshine On my back." and I thought that was so beautiful.
Today, I enrolled in a Special Education Certification program at a college. My Dad always, always wanted me to get my Masters and always asked me when I was going to start- supported me when I did begin and then when i took time off to have the kids- always told me to get a move on and get back in the saddle.
And today I did just that. With careful prodding from my Dave and my Mom- I enrolled at a college and it was like WARM SUNSHINE ON MY BACK.
Thank you, Daddy.

4 comments:

Carol Brown said...

That is wonderful that you are finishing. That warm sunshine is your Dad's huge smile radiating down on you! Uncle Gerry and I are so proud of you.

Sooz said...

weeee. I am so happy for you and PROUD OF YOU! Warm sunshine indeed! (and go Emily Falconbridge....I ordered two prints from her etsy shop tonight JUST BEFORE SHE CLOSED IT DOWN TIL APRIL for Miss Sirryha's room. cannot wait to hang them! "teach peace" and "sunee the elephant") xo

Cameron said...

Hooray for warm sunshine! Hooray for completing things we start! Hooray for making Dad proud! Hooray for YOU!

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you. Fabulous!!!! And what a wonderful post!!!