Thursday, August 07, 2008

Look at this gorgeous thing...


that was by my pool the other morning. Katie ran into the living room to tell me that a giant bird had swooped down by the pool. she is my daughter, she has inherited the secret art of embellishment, so i thought i was going to run and see a blue jay or a robin but lo and behold-- this is what we saw.
and this sight just made my day. gotta love a heron by your pool..or is it an egret? either way, i love it.
in other news:
1) katie has had sculpture camp all this week at a local musuem and she is loving it. i love seeing her love it.
2) i was really touched by everyone's response to my "SYRUPY" blog post. i really thought my moms and aunt and sisters and three more people read my blog- thanks for the kind words everybody.
3) TOday is my Uncle Gerry's birthday. Happy 60th Uncle Gerry. You are a great man and I am glad to have you in my life.
HAppy Thursday.

4 comments:

Carol Brown said...

That looks like a heron. I have two here on the farm in one of our ponds. They are beautiful to watch and really funny to see perched up in a tree!! Uncle Gerry and I love you, too, our sweet, syrupy niece!! Thanks for calling him today. You are very special to him and I.

Anonymous said...

looks like a blue heron. didn't know you had them up there. we've got a ton down here in hilton head and they are always so beautiful to see

Cameron said...

Oh, super cool!! Love it! :)

Anonymous said...

omgosh. What a sight. I miss those beautiful birds. Won't see that in my neck of the woods. Mosquito's are the MN state bird. They as big as bluejays up here:) love this thank you for sharing:)