So for the Card Challenge- I am thinking of this-
Tell me about your goals...
What is my goal? Well it is to get my special education certification completed. I started before the kids and now I have no excuse to not get back in the saddle. I am 19 credits in and I have a meeting with a professor at a college this Wednesday to get back on the track to finishing. I am getting so very close to beginning my professional career again and this "back to school" is a very necessary part of my career path and the hiring process. I need all the help I can get to be hired- I am not 22 anymore fresh out of college, you know?
Anyway- tell me about your goals- this has been swirling in my head a lot with September right around the corner and with me digging through transcripts and calling colleges. Man, I am scared. Really beyond scared. I love being very comfortable right here at home in my safety zone.
On another front, I am taking a break from the blog. I am just not feeling it right now. I had not even realized it had been a week without posting until Friday and then I thought, "Why bother, not much to say." So I will be enjoying other people's blogs (really those aren't even doing it for me except for Pioneer Woman) and will come back when I feel "it" again.
This exit from the blogging probably has a lot to do with my recent rejection from a design team. I am so very heartbroken and need some time to lick my wounds and get myself back in check. As is pretty normal for me, when I am hurt, I become a very tight knit homebody and circle my wagons and wallow in vulnerability. It will pass-- and I am not typing this here to hurt anyone- I am not mad at anyone about my rejection- I am happy for the people who made it, really, I am, I am just feeling like I don't measure up and I have never been good at that. Who is, really? I have to type this in here because it is true and real and that is why I do this blog...to put it out there, to give myself therapy.
Hey everybody-- if you do decide to do the card, post it here- I love seeing Dodi's and Amy's and Susan's cards. It is so cool to have our very small little club. I guess I will be back in two weeks when it is my turn again. I am not quitting on my card challenges. I look forward to them even though it is only 3 and a half people who do them like Sooz and I joke.
Goodbye then my dear internet, have a great couple of weeks.
7 comments:
Your fave will miss you very much. You may have to resort to sending your ole fave an e-mail of your doings and occasional pic of the babies and you. You will be wonderful with your latest pursuit and any school will jump at that chance to hire you!! You go girl. Love ya.
Oh i am bummed for you.
For 2 reasons: 1 bc you didn't get on the design team and 2 bc you aren't feeling the blogging. But I totally know how you feel. And what's funny is that when i take a break from blogging I usually think of 50 things to post, on, like, the 2nd day of my blogging break! So here's to you and your creative break. Good luck with school. I am totally with you on the scary stuff. I have a big scary announcement to make this week too, so I'm with you sister!
PS- i am behind on my cards, but have a plan to catch up soon!!
awww--you know I need my SNOWY fixes daily!! I miss your blogging...I am sorry you are not going to be a LL with me. We must plan a playdate SOON. AND GOOD FOR YOU FOR THE BACK TO SCHOOL THING!! I had no idea!! Wow. You go, girl!
I am totally enjoying your card challange. Thank you for being there. I do not have a blog and I haven't really done the upload thing so haven't been sharing my progress. As we all do I have a busy life and the cards are the right size project that I can commit a small amount of time to something creative in the crazy world we live in. Thanks for helping and encouraging.
Sorry about the design team. It doesn't dimish your fabulousness.
Thanks for being out there to encourage creativity.
Best of luck.
i still think you're fabulous!!!
Even though I know NOTHING about the card challenges, I am going to miss your blogging - that's how I keep up on my grandbabes growing.
I will miss checking this out every day but I don't think my bosses will mind that I don't!
Love you and hugs and kisses to my babes!
I have joined your wonderful challenge!!!
http://schmoopy10.blogspot.com/2008/09/art-deck-creations.html
Post a Comment