I have been feeling a little self conscious lately about my blogging. I have been told by some of my friends that there is a blogger Aimee and a real Aimee. Blogger Aimee thinks that everything is happy and joyous and bunnies run through her yard. Real Aimee is real...not so, so "syrupy." I have really taken this to heart and therefore-want to address the elephant--the elephant that has caused me to not want to blog.
1) I really am a positive person. Even when I have a bad day, i try to spin it so that i can find the positive---let's face it, if you can't be positive about this crazy world, what is the point?
2) I am who I am. I blog for me. For therapy. To remind me how lucky I am. How full my life is. And guess what? My life is full. That's not bragging, it is stating fact...because if I don't think my life is full- then I don't have much.
3) I am so glad to stay connected with people through this blog. If you think I am "syrupy," that's okay. I am more "syrupy" than the average Joe and that's just part of my fabric. I mean, come on, my middle name is DRAMA and I come from a strong stock of DRAMA enriched people.
Happy, Happy Wednesday to all. Exciting news on this front...I spent last evening after the kids went to bed beginning my Disney scrapbook. YES! Love this hobby.
8 comments:
are you more aunt jemima or mrs. butterworth?
just kidding.
you are a beautiful thing!
pour on the syrup, girl.
Aim...you're the cutest! Bring on the SUGA, baby!
Ha ha... love this post but also love the two other comments. I've missed Jen, I love Aunt Jemima or Mrs. Butterworth, ha ha!
It is hard... we all have those annoyed little moments in our lives but who wants to dwell on them, especially in a blog, right?So I agree, pour on the sugah! :)
Never fear, Aim! I am all about sweet and syrupy too... and I love reading your blog. It is YOU that inspired me to begin my own. And I just love it.
Besides, sweet and syrupy is better than tart and tangy, isn't it?!?!? :)
Your blog is for you to share "your" thoughts and feelings. Syrupy or not it is what you are feeling at the moment you write it. Keep your posts coming. They have meant a lot to me as I have now moved into the city and it is not just a hop skip and a jump to see you. Email me at cscott@nbme.org if you get a chance. My kettyscott account at verizon was shut down as we made the move. It should be up soon then I can access all my addresses again - Hugs - Ketty
My personal fave is King's Syrup. It is rich and thick and oh so sweet. You keep doing exactly what you are doing with your blog. It is YOUR blog!! I love it and you. Wouldn't want you any other way.
Oh Aimee - you are sweet and I love that about you. There comes a time in your life when you care more about how you feel when you look in the mirror than you care about what others think. Look in the mirror and enjoy - you're a gem.
- Janet
Well you KNOW I love you as SNOW WHITE AND HER EVILISHIOUS TWIN! No apologies or explanations necessary....keep it true to you and your feelings as they come to you. Your depth shines through even the THICKEST syruppy-goo!!
love ya xoxo
Post a Comment